Prayer for Hedge of Thorns
Hos 2:6 Therefore I will block her path with thornbushes; I will wall her in so that she cannot find her way. Hos 2:7 She will chase after her lovers but not catch them; she will look for them but not find them. Then she will say, "I will go back to my husband as at first, for then I was better off than now."
A spouse - especially a husband - has authority to pray on behalf of his spouse. He is the matel of protection for his family and thus spiritually responsible. That responsibility gives him the authority to pray on behalf of his family members for protection from God. If a spouse or child is wayward, the spiritual member of the family has spiritual authority over them in the name of Jesus Christ. (Gal 6:1,2)
2Co 10:4, 5 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
James 5:16 The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. ... Warning: If you want God to answer your prayers, you need to get your status up with God. “The prayer of a RIGHTEOUS person avails much.!” God doesn’t expect perfection, just righteousness. If you are our of sync with God, don’t expect miracle prayers to happen. You prayers may be answered by a gracious and loving God inspite of you but God wants you clean and pure too.
Jas 5:19, 20 My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins.
We pray in several areas of a person’s life.
- Mind & Heart
- Pray for them that their mind might not be deceived by the evil one or other evil doers. Pray that God will put a hedge of protection all around them so that they will not be tempted to evil and that they will realize that they have wandered from the truth. Pray that God will restore their conscience so that they will be convicted of their evil and rebellion. Pray that as God restores their conscience, they will turn to Him, confess their sin and come to repentance.
- Pray that the leanness of their soul will bring them back to the riches they could have in Christ Jesus. Pray that their emotions will not mislead them. Some do not feel love for their spouse but they made a commitment which will destroy their credibility if they do not keep it.
- Pray that those who are leading them astray or participating in wrongdoing will not be able to emotionally connect with the wayward spouse and he / she will recognize the aloneness and desire to be reunited with their spouse.
- Pray that those who have spent time associating with your spouse, will get too busy, will be in conflict with your spouse or will disassociate because of life situations to lead to isolation of your spouse. In turn pray that your spouse will desire your friendship and companionship.
- Pray that God will bring godly influences either though life experiences or through things he / she might read, watch on TV or other sources of information.
- Pray that God will bind the evil one so that the spiritual influences of Satan will not be able deceive your loved one and influence him / her to do evil. Jesus gave his disciples the authority to bind the forces of evil. Satan does not want us to use this weapon against him so he can continue to destroy your loved one. Let us begin to pray for your loved one
- Mat 18:18 - 20 "I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." These verses also give us another concept. We should find others who are willing to pray with us and agree with us as to God’s intervention in the life of the spouse.
- If they are in immorality will be reduced to a piece of bread (Prov 6:26 KJV) This will give us an opportunity to help with the basic needs of your loved one when they face financial destruction because of the life style they have chosen.
Return to Blogs